- Use our online and mobile products or services offered including
- Driver Mobile App (used by contracted drivers and riders to manage and execute orders for delivery placed via the User Mobile App, Client Web Portal, or Admin Web Portal)
- Visit or register to use Data Rush Client Web Portal, User Mobile App, Driver App, or all other web resources hosted under the data-rush.com public domain
- Your data controller will be the DRS Ltd entity which collected your personal data. We will process any personal information we collect about you in accordance with applicable data protection laws, and where required, we will maintain appropriate registrations as data controllers with the local regulatory bodies.
Whilst your data controller may be the DRS LTD, your details may be held in our contact database which can be accessed and used by other entities within the DRS Ltd, which may be located outside Kenya. For more information on data sharing and transfers of data outside of the Kenya, please see section 5 below.
Effective Date: 23 April 2020
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
"Personal Information" refers to information which does or is capable of identifying you as an individual. The types of Personal Information that we process will depend largely on the service you receive from us. However, the following is an overview of the types of Personal Information which we process:
- Your name;
- Email address;
- Other personal contact details (including telephone number and postal address);
- Job title;
- Corporate contact details (including business "direct dial" or office address);
- Date of birth (for instance, where we need to verify age);
- Financial information (where necessary to conclude services contracts with you);
- Your photograph (for instance, where you utilize the drs ltd driver app);
- Career history, professional background and other cv related information (for example, where you provide this to us in connection with a job application)
Your use of the Websites, Mobile Application, and related online services involves the automated collection of certain types of information, some of which may be considered Personal Information under applicable laws or in specific circumstances. This information includes:
- IP address;
- Browser type; and
- Operating system.
In addition, the Website use a range of cookies to improve and personalize your experience. More information about these can be found in the Cookies Policy below.
We may in limited circumstances collect certain types of sensitive Personal Information which are protected more strictly by law. These include:
- Disability information (where you choose to share this with us in relation to accessing to our services or our physical premises); and
- Religious affiliation (for example, where this relates to your dietary requirements for services or products offered or for a DRS hosted event).
HOW WILL WE USE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT?
It will often be apparent from the context how we intend to use that Personal Information.
The following is an overview of DRS Ltd's purposes for processing Personal Information. Please remember that additional information may be provided to you in a separate notice, or in our terms and conditions. In addition to 1.5, in the event of any conflict between any separate notice and our terms and conditions, our terms and conditions shall take precedence.
All processing of Personal Information which we undertake is justified by a "condition" for processing. In addition, processing of sensitive Personal Information is always justified by a secondary condition. In the majority of cases, processing will be justified on the basis that:
- You have consented to the processing;
- The processing is necessary to perform a contract or to take steps to enter into a contract;
- The processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation; or
- The processing is in our legitimate commercial interests, subject to your interests and fundamental rights.
The purposes for which we process your Personal Information are to:
- Provide you with specific services in accordance with a contract you are entering, or have entered into with us;
- Register you for client services, and to create user accounts (for instance, online trading services https://onlinetrading.drs ltd.co.ke/ );
- Onboard you as a client and to carry out background and screening checks (for instance, where your firm applies for membership of ibuka);
- Compile and maintain files on prospective and current directors and qualified advisors, and to carry out background and screening checks on the same, in order to comply with regulatory requirements;
- Carry out regulatory reporting;
- Provide you with newsletters or alerts where you have signed-up for these on the websites;
- Conduct market research surveys, where you choose to participate in these;
- Run competitions;
- Analyze usage of the websites (see more information in relation to our use of analytics tools below);
- Arrange events hosted at our premises, where you are either an organizer or an attendee; and
- Control access to our premises.
Your personal data may be processed either electronically or in hard copy form, both inside and outside Kenya, in accordance with paragraph 6.
We may send you direct marketing communications. Where these are electronic communications (email or telephone) we will have obtained your prior consent. In limited circumstances, where we have obtained your explicit prior consent, we may send you marketing communications in relation to carefully selected and relevant third-party partners, whose products and services may be of interest to you. You may opt out of certain kinds of marketing, or all forms of marketing, emailing us at the following address: email@example.com Alternatively, you can click on the "opt-out" link provided in all our marketing emails.
We use analytics tools on the Website to provide the service you request, identify service issues to us, improve our services, provide content tailored to your personal preferences, and to monitor the Website's traffic and usage.
When we send you marketing emails, we may use email tracking technology, such as dynamic links and image files, to monitor engagement and to understand the relevance and effectiveness of our communications to you.
When you fill in forms or download files from the Websites, we may use technologies to distinguish known from unknown Website visitors, and to monitor customer engagement with our services.
- We may use IP lookup technology to determine your general location so that we can customize the Website for you. We may also use IP lookup to determine how our known clients engage with different parts of the Website.
- All of these tools may be provided by third-party service providers and may include the collection and tracking of certain data and information regarding the characteristics and activities of visitors to the Website. We may disclose data, including Personal Information, to certain such third-party services providers in order to obtain such services.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information within the DRS Ltd in order to provide you with our services. Access to your Personal Information is limited to those employees, agents and contractors of the DRS Ltd who need access to it in order to provide you with our services; to communicate with you (including, with your consent, to send you marketing communications); and to carry out legal or regulatory obligations.
- We may also employ the services of third party service providers to help us in certain areas, such as website hosting, physical security, marketing and market research. Where third party service providers receive your information, we will remain responsible for the use of your Personal Information. We take appropriate steps to ensure that such third parties treat your Personal Information with the same consideration that we do.
- We may from time to time be required to disclose your Personal Information to law enforcement bodies, regulators, agencies or third parties under a legal requirement or court order. We act responsibly and take account of your interests when responding to any such requests.
RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We apply a general rule of keeping your Personal Information for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances we may retain Personal Information for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax or accounting obligations.
In specific circumstances we may also retain your Personal Information for longer periods of time so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges.
We maintain a retention procedure which we apply to records in our care. In all cases, where your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner and, where required by applicable law, we will notify you when such information has been disposed of.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will hold your Personal Information securely whilst it is under our control, including where it is processed by third party service providers on our behalf. We train our employees in respect of their obligations under data protection laws, and we ensure that only relevant DRS Ltd employees, contractors and agents have access to your personal information.
We take the security of our physical premises, our servers and the Websites seriously and we will take all appropriate technical measures using recognized security procedures and tools in accordance with good industry practice to protect your personal information across all of these platforms.
- Whilst we use all reasonable endeavors to protect your security in the manner described above, we consider that it is only appropriate to advise you that data transmission over the Internet and the World Wide Web cannot always be guaranteed as 100% secure, and therefore that you use the Websites at your own risk.
Subject to applicable law, you may have some or all of the following rights in respect of your personal information:
- To obtain a copy of your personal information together with information about how and on what basis that Personal Information is processed;
- To rectify inaccurate Personal Information (including the right to have incomplete Personal Information completed);
- To erase your Personal Information (in limited circumstances, where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed);
- To restrict processing of your personal information where:
- The accuracy of the Personal Information is contested;
- The processing is unlawful but you object to the erasure of the Personal Information;
- We no longer require the Personal Information but it is still required for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim
- To challenge processing which we have justified on the basis of a legitimate interest (as opposed to your consent, or to perform a contract with you);
- To prevent us from sending you direct marketing;
- To withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information (where that processing is based on your consent);
- To object to decisions which are based solely on automated processing or profiling.
- In addition to the above, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. In Kenya there will be established the office of the Data Commissioner.
- If you wish to investigate the exercising of any of these rights, please contact us using the details set out below.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide web services and functionalities for users. For example, they enable you to improve your experience on the Website and enable the Website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the Website or browse from one page to another.
You do not need to have cookies turned on to visit most of the Website. However, having cookies switched on should allow for a smoother and more tailored browsing experience, and is required for certain parts of the Website's functionality. In the majority of cases, a cookie does not provide us with any personal information.
We do not automatically capture or store personal information from browsers to the Website, other than to log your IP address (which in certain circumstances will be your personal data) and session information such as the duration of the visit to our site and the nature of the browser used. This information is used only for administration of the Website and in the compilation of statistics which we use for analysis in order to improve the Website and understand in general terms who uses our Website.
Cookies may be required to allow you to access and participate in certain areas of the Website. Once you have closed your browser, this type of cookie is deactivated. Like all cookies, you are able to remove or block particular cookies at any time (see below).
Your Cookie Choices
The majority of browsers will allow you to alter the settings used for cookies and to disable and enable them as you require.
You can reject all cookies (except strictly necessary cookies) in case you prefer not to receive them, and you can have your computer warn you whenever cookies are being used. You can delete the cookies that are already on your computer and you can set your browser to prevent them from being placed. Disabling cookies may, however, prevent some web services (including on this Website) from working correctly. Please be aware that when you have set your computer to reject cookies, it can limit the functionality of the Website and it is possible then that you will not have access to some of the features on the Website.
To disable cookies, or to receive a warning whenever cookies are being used, you have to adjust your browser settings. You can adjust your browser settings to delete certain cookies. Visit the "help" section of your browser for how to manage your cookie settings, or follow the links below:
Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cookies/en
Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
For further general information on cookies and more detailed advice on how to disable and enable them please go to http://www.allaboutcookies.org.